I’ve been awarded the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Vikki over at The View Outside, so I’d like to say a very big “Thank You”. I’m going to try to follow the rules, which of course includes nominating other inspiring bloggers. I enjoy being nominated and I think answering the questions are fun, but if it’s not your cup of tea…just know you brighten my day and don’t feel obligated to be a rule follower.
These are the rules :
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
It seems you usually have to share some facts about yourself when you do these awards and I’ve done a few before, so I tried to share some facts I don’t think I’ve shared before. Here are 7 things about me…
- In middle school I helped paint a mural I designed on the wall outside of the cafeteria entry way.
- Pottery is the only craft I’ve ever found I didn’t like…it makes my hands too dry and you can’t get the clay too wet.
- I can finally make really good homemade bread…good enough for making sandwiches. 🙂
- I’m from the south, but can’t make hoe cake to save my life.
- Of the poems I wrote in high school, the only one which still exists in my possession is titled “To a Dear Deer”.
- I’m a hopeless romantic and love to burn scented candles.
- I don’t know why, but I get sad when it rains.
Now for the bloggers I’d like to nominate, in no particular order :
- Words Speak, I Write
- Kristen Lamb’s Blog
- On Becoming a Wordsmith
- Butt to Chair
- The Writer’s Refuge
There is another blog I’d nominate, but it appears her blog has disappeared. It’s a writer who has definitely inspired me, so if you’re reading this I hope you know I’m talking about you and please don’t let the voice of others discourage you from writing.