I tend to be a bit of a free spirit and will never be one of those sorts of people to plan my day out by the hour. No offense meant if you’re reading this and you are one of those type people. I do use a monthly calendar and write out to do lists, as I know planning does help make things happen.
Through the tools I use, I do accomplish quite a bit, but have been thinking it might help to set some goals for myself. I believe it may help restore a little balance in my life as I can get carried away a bit. My daily activities usually depend on my mood, what interests me, and if something has a deadline. There are times I may curl up reading a good book for hours or sit and write for hours on end.
To give my life more sense of direction and balance I have started to really think about goals as well as write them down, so I have a good visual to keep me motivated. It’s wonderful to do things I enjoy, such as write, but clean clothes and healthy meals are also vital. Goal setting will be a project I will work on some this week. Goals will always be subject to change, but I thought I would share some of my writing goals so far:
- Blog twice a week atleast (both blogs)
- Read two books a month
- Write two articles per day
- Check boards on my website list for freelance writing jobs (so far www.freelancewritinggigs.com , www.craigslist.com , and the job board on www.wow-womenonwriting.com )
Here’s a quote by C. S. Lewis on goals-“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” Best wishes for balance in your life and happy goal setting.
- Setting Personal Goals (fabmoms.wordpress.com)
- Goal Setting (confidenceiseverything.wordpress.com)
- Making Goal Setting Work for You (LearnThis.ca)
- Goal Setting (lifeskillsguru.wordpress.com)
- Discover the POWER of Goal Setting! (emerywellness.wordpress.com)