Yes, I have a thing for used bookstores. I found another interesting book, Beating the Odds : Getting Published in the Field of Literacy by editors Shelley B. Wepner and Linda B. Gambrell. Even though this book is geared towards those in the literacy field, I thought it had quite a bit of useful information for any writer.
I found several inspirational quotes from other writers in the book :
- Edward Fry – “there is only one kind of author who never gets rejections: the author who doesn’t submit anything”
- E.B. White – “Writing is an act of faith, not a trick of grammar.”
- Ernest Hemingway – “For a long time now I have tried to write simply the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can.”
- Bill Wheeler – “Good writing is clear thinking made visible.”
I thought a good idea would be to start writing inspiring quotes I find on sticky notes and put them up in visible places near my desk. Online I started to pin inspirational things I find on a board at pinterest. Pinterest can be found at http://pinterest.com/ , just beware you can waste time there and get sidetracked from writing. My thinking is if I surround myself with words of encouragement and things which inspire me, it will help me hang in there even during the discouraging times.
- What is Pinterest? (smallbizlabs.com)
- Using Pinterest for Inspiration (loishoffman.wordpress.com)
- Think Writers Should Blog About Writing? Think Again (christyfarmer.wordpress.com)
- Inspiration and Writers Block: the Opposites (standingstillwriting.wordpress.com)