Just this morning I found out I was nominated for the Liebster Blogging Award by AlreadyNotPublished. Thank you so much! She has a great blog. It is the first award I have ever been nominated for on my blogging. Still feel like a newbie to the blogging world, so I hope I’m doing this right.
Rules which go along with the award are : Thank your Liebster Blog award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog. Copy and paste the award to your blog. Nominate 5 others for the blog award(Sorry if you’ve already been nominated before and I didn’t know it). Lastly, list 10 random things about yourself.
My top 5 favorite blogs (Hope you’ll go check them out!) :
- Honesty, blog by TheOthers1, which I truly appreciate for her forth right honesty and quirky sense of humor. She is a writer as well.
- Linneann, blogged by herself, a mother with a heart of gold and is also currently working on writing a book. Love the blog because it connects with my mother’s heart.
- Kat Collins, a freelance writer, whose blog I enjoy for the encouragement and inspiration for writing. Have also enjoyed many of her Wednesday writing prompts.
- On Becoming a Wordsmith by Elaine Cougler, who is another writer whose blog has been a source of inspiration and valuable for discovering resources for writing.
- Last, but not least : Be Kind Rewrite by Stephanie and TragicPete, whose blog I have particularly enjoyed for their weekly Inspiration Monday writing prompts.
10 Random Things About Myself :
- I will only drink milk out of a glass, no plastic. On rare desperate occasions I will drink it out of a paper carton. Love milk and it is essential for chocolate.
- Love chocolate. Think it definitely needs to be classified as a food group and is one of the major destressers in my life. As much as I like chocolate, however, I do not particularly care for white or dark chocolate.
- My favorite forms of exercise are swimming and yoga. I love the water, even though the only things I know to do are the doggy paddle and swimming on my back after a fashion. I don’t know how to do the front or back stroke and don’t like to swim underwater either.
- I enjoy making homemade lye soap and using different essential oils to give it fragrance. My favorite scent is lavender.
- I’m directionally impaired. Meaning I get lost incredibly easy. I joke I can get lost in parking decks, but it’s not so much of a joke as I once was and had to have the security guard drive me around to find my car.
- I was born in Germany as both my parents were stationed over there in the military.
- Historical romance books are my favorite type of fiction to read just for fun.
- Love studying about herbs and growing them in my herb garden.
- Like to paint my fingernails and toenails in a matching shade of pink. Pretty petunia is one of my favorites and a bright pink is about as wild as I go. Once I did get adventurous and painted my nails red for a party.
- I had a planned homebirth with midwives for the birth of my daughter.
Sorry this was so long. Hope you made it this far and if you did, thanks for reading this! Not my normal post about writing, but it was fun to do.